How to apply as a Postgraduate

Homerton welcomes and encourages applications for all postgraduate courses and disciplines offered by the University of Cambridge, including part-time courses; we do not discriminate for or against particular subjects. In order to be certain of being considered by Homerton College you should list us as one of your preferred Colleges: if you are applying for the Charter Graduate Award you must nominate Homerton as your first or second choice of College to meet the eligibility criteria.


The majority of applications for graduate study are made through the University's Graduate Admissions Office using the online Applicant Portal. However, some courses require applications to be made directly through a Department or Faculty. You will be able to nominate Homerton as a chosen College.

Keeping track of your application or offer

Once you have made your application the University Graduate Admissions Office will send information on how to log in to your self-service account. You can use this to track the progress of your University application and make any changes to your contact details. After receiving your University offer, you should do the following:

  • Keep the College Graduate Administrator informed of your progress toward meeting the conditions of your officer. Please see the Graduate Admissions Conditions of Admission pages of the University website, for further details. 
  • Apply for Accommodation. Once you have received a conditional offer from Homerton College you will be able to apply for College Accommodation. All full-time graduate students of the University of Cambridge must live within 10 miles of the centre of Cambridge, unless they have specific permission from the University.
  • Return Requested forms. In April (or soon after you have received a conditional offer if your application is made after this time), you will receive an email which will contain a link to a page where a number of documents are listed for you to return. Please return the forms to the Graduate Administrator as soon as possible after you receive this request.


Most students coming to the UK from outside the European Union will require a Tier 4 student visa allowing them to study in the UK. You should consult the University of Cambridge International Students page for information about how to make the visa application. You will need to receive a conditional offer of study before applying for the visa. You will need a CAS statement, this is generated automatically when you meet all your conditions of offer. Some courses will also require an ATAS certificate. If you require this certificate, it will be indicated on the CAS statement that is emailed to you. Please contact the International Students Team with any queries related to visa applications.

It is advisable to make every effort to meet all your conditions of offer in good time. This is particularly relevant to overseas students, as visa applications usually take some weeks to process. Please keep us up to date with your application, as let her know the outcome as soon as you hear.

Latest from The Homersphere

View all